Calgary International Airport (YYC) – The main terminal serves all the major scheduled and large charter airlines. Our driver will meet you in the luggage claim area of your domestic airline. For International Arrivals we will meet in the terminal at the exit from Canada Customs. The driver will have a sign with the name you have given us. (i.e. Company or individual).
Esso Avitat Corporate Terminal, Northern Caribou Airlines Terminal, Shell/Piedmont/Landmark/Hawthorne Terminal, Executive Flight Centre, – These terminals are located on the south side and north side of the airport. Please give us your arrival flight information, tail number for private planes and which terminal for the pickup.
Check at the time of booking whether we can take the animal, depending on the equipment. The animals must be in a kennel and put in the luggage compartment. Guide, seeing eye & service dogs are carried free of charge on the floor next to the client.
If taking your pet to the cargo terminal we need to know this a the time of booking.
|Airport Rules – “A person with a dog, that is, any animal that is not a service animal or one that is not flying, that person is to be reminded of the Calgary Airport Authority policy about animals within the Terminal and will be asked to remove the animal from the premises. ”
With advance reservations we can transport bikes, preferable in boxes. We also have a luggage trailer which could carry bikes.
|Canada Customs & Immigration
All Passengers arriving in Canada must clear Canada Customs and Immigration. Budget on 45 minutes for the Custom process. Please advise us for a later airport pickup time if arriving in Calgary for Immigration processing. You can expect a longer wait (i.e. 1.5 hours) . For further Custom details please see Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Our Shuttle departs the airport approximately 45 minutes for international arriving clients and about 30 minuts for domestic arriving clients after your plane has landed. If you meet the driver earlier, you depart earlier. If you are delayed by Canada Customs make sure you get a message to the driver waiting in the terminal at the exit from Canada Customs.
Our vans can be converted to cargo vans to carry luggage or we can obtain different sized equipment depending on your requirements. i.e. Sprinter Cargo Van(s), trucks, or larger. Please us email us! your requirements.
- Renting a car at an “off airport” location may result in a saving even if you bring the car back to the Calgary Airport.
- When you pickup your rent a car at the Calgary Airport the “Concession Recovery Fee” of 15.61% is payable and the $6.00 per day “Facility Charge” (max 7 days). You can avoid paying this if you are picking up a car at an off airport location! Yes, you still have the “Energy Recovery Fee”, “the Goods and Service Tax” and “the Air Condition Excise Tax” before you are introduced to the car rentals different insurance plans!
- In addition, if you are heading to the mountains you may run into parking problems as well! Check out our sightseeing page for details!
- Airport Shuttle Express does not rent sedans, vans or minibuses without one of our drivers.
- United States Bound? If your car company you cannot rent you a one-way car between Canada and the United States Airport Shuttle Express can take you between the Canadian car rental company and the United States company ! Please click here for trans border Canada/USA Shuttle travel from Calgary or Banff to locations in Montana.
|Child Car Seats & Booster Seats
- Airport Shuttle Express does NOT provide car seats.
- Children come in different sizes and shapes making it impossible for us provide a car seat for YOUR child’s safety.
- YOUR child’s’ car seat is your responsibility.
- Infant seats (0-1 yrs), Toddler Seats(1-3 yrs), Booster Seats (3-8 yrs)
Booster Seats – Children between 4 to 8 years of age are too small to safely fit a seat belt on its own. Children over 40 lbs (18Kg) are safest in a booster seat until they are 80 lbs (36Kg) OR 8 years of age.
A booster seat raises the child for a safer seat belt fit. This makes the shoulder belt cross over the shoulder and chest, away from the vulnerable neck and face. It also keeps the lap belt safely in place over the hipbones and away from the abdomen. Simply, booster seats allow the seat belt to fit over the strong, bony parts of a child’s body.
Seat belts do not properly fit young children. Seat belts are designed for adult bodies. It is suggested you bring a booster seat for your children. For complete details please see www.boosterseats.ca
|Child Seat Rentals
“One Tiny Suitcase”, a member of Tourism Calgary, does rent different types of children car seats for airport passengers. They even deliver the car seat to the airport. Please contact them directly at: 403-510-2005 or visit their web page by clicking here.
- Airdrie Intercity Express – Airdrie to/from Calgary
- Greyhound – No longer running in Western Canada except between Vancouver BC and Seattle Washington USA.
- Rider Express – Check out there limited service between Calgary and Vancouver.
- Red Arrow – Lethbridge, Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton, Fort McMurray Note: Red Arrow Calgary Locations are in downtown & NE Calgary.
- Cochrane – On-it Regional Transit
- High River – On-it Regional Transit
- Okotoks, Turner Valley, High River, Black Diamond – On-It Regional Transit
- Okotoks – On-It Regional Transit
- Strathmore, Chestermere, Didsbury, Carstairs – First Student
|Compliments and Complaints
We take it seriously any complaints or compliments. Please click-here for our “Customer Care” Department.
All rates quoted are in Canadian Dollars. We expect payment in Canadian Funds. Credit Card charges are billed in Canadian Funds. For non Canadian credit card holders your credit card company will bill you in your local currency on the day of the transaction. Please note a billing and a later cancellation can result in credit card charges due to the difference of the buying and the selling of the Canadian Currency. The USA dollar is currently worth around 25-30% MORE than the Canadian Dollar at the present time. (06 June 2019) .
|Airline Baggage Allowance –
- Do you know the baggage allowance of your airline?
- Some airlines check the weight of your ‘hand’ luggage and may refuse carriage or charge extra if overweight or oversize. Free baggage allowance may not apply to your airline or could be determined by the price you paid for your airline ticket! Check with your airline if you are unsure.
- BAGGAGE CALCULATOR – Now there is a “baggage calculator” to determine what your “free” baggage allowance is as well as the extra costs for extra bags. This information is updated daily. If you have your flight information and want to know the extra baggage cost: Click Here!
- OR check with your airline.
Shuttle Baggage Allowance –
Airport Shuttle Express has limited space for excess luggage. Our drivers are restricted on the weight they are allowed to lift. They have the right to ask, at any time, for assistance in lifting your luggage.
With exclusive use 10 passenger charter van service vans does not take ten passengers with two bags each. You may need TWO vans OR a luggage trailer. Ask us about the rates!
- ANIMALS –
- In vans the animal must be in a kennel and put in the luggage compartment.
- SERVICE ANIMALS –
- Guide / Seeing eye dogs are carried free of charge on the floor next to the client.
- Non motorized bikes must be in a box. An extra charge may/may not applied.
- LOTS OF LUGGAGE –
- We can adjust our vans to become a luggage vans. For groups we can also provide cargo trucks for luggage if requested in advance!
- In addition, a “small” carry on is permitted if holding on your lap.
|Cancellation Policy –
Exclusive Use Vans, Private Executive Vans, Sedans and Limousines Cancellation charges vary depending on equipment. Please ask at time of booking.
|Child Rates –
On charter/private bookings there is no additional charge for children.
Please bring a car seat if your child requires one as we DO NOT transport any child, under the weight of 40 lbs (18KG), without a car seat which you must provide.
Airport Shuttle Express gives you a confirmation number for all reservations that you book with us. We also can send an “email” confirmation on all charter services when we are given your email address. If you do not get a confirmation number please advise and we will resent it. You may also reconfirm your reservation by phone.
All trans-border (USA/CANADA) trips MUST RECONFIRM by phone.
|Corporate Traveler Program –
Airport Shuttle Express does not have any corporate travel program at the present time.
|Credit Card Acceptance Interact/Bank Cards-
Accepted: Airport Shuttle Express accepts most of the major credit cards. American Express, Diners, Discover, JCB, Mastercard and Visa.
Not Accepted: Drivers do NOT accept Un embossed VISA Cards.
Interact/Bank Cards – Are NOT accepted at the present time.
To send an email Click Here
Internet Bookings – When you book we will send you a written confirmation.
Remember to keep the SAME email address on all of our reservations request, qustions or changes.
Telephone Bookings – Should book by phone ask our reservation agent for an email confirmation.
Book by phone at (403 509-4799 or email us!
Airport Shuttle Express.com features air-conditioned, 13 passenger Chevy Express window-vans, Cadillacs, Lincoln TownCars, SUVs, limousines and party buses and 24 passenger minibuses. .Our vans are adapted to carry your luggage inside the vehicle.
We also operate 14 passengers van with cargo trailer.
Minibuses of various sizes as well as school buses are available thru our group department.
Please email us. .firstname.lastname@example.org
|Flight Crews –
Airport Shuttle Express does handle flight crews of a number of companies using Calgary International. .Email us your requirements.
|Frequent Rider Program –
Airport Shuttle Express does not have a fequent rider program at the present time.
Airport Shuttle Express does impose “fuel surcharges” from time to time. Clients already holding reservation are not charged any new fuel surcharges. Clients without reservations are charged the new rates when booking.
|Gratuities / Tips –
Gratuities or tips are NOT included on most of our services quotes but our reservation agent will ask at the time of booking.
|Hours of Operation –
With advance reservations our charter/private service operates on a “charter” basis 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year-round.
We no longer offer a Calgary ‘ride-share’ service partly due to the high cost of picking up clients up at the Calgary Airport.
|Location at the Airport
The driver will meet the client in the luggage claim area of their domestic airline OR in the terminal at the exit from Canada Customs for International Arrivals.
|Lost and Found –
Please take your items with you! Airport Shuttle Express is not responsible for anything left in the vehicle. Our vans are on a rotation into/out of the airport. If you left something onboard the vans are unable to return to the airport until their next rotation …which is usually after your flight has departed! In the unlikely event you leave an article we will endeavor to get it back to you…at your expense.
|Meet and Greet Service –
When you book an exclusive use van or mini-bus or sedan the driver will meets you in the terminal. For Domestic Arrivals the meeting area is in the domestic airline’s luggage claim area. For International Arrivals, meeting area is in the terminal at the exit from Canada Customs.
Make sure you give us your correct flight Calgary ARRIVAL time and airline! The driver will have a sign with the name you have given us. If you do not have any luggage the driver will still meet you in the areas shown above.
There is no “extra” cost for the meet and greet when the clients are arriving on the same flight.
Should you require other types of “meet and greet” assistance on either the Arrivals or Departures Level there is a charge. This can be for representing a tour or convention company or special assistance from the van to the airline check-in counter.
We also an provide the meet/greet service at the Rocky Mountaineer Rail Terminal, or the Red Arrow Motorcoach terminals.
Please email us your requirements.
|National Park User Fees –
Airport Shuttle Express does NOT include National Park User Fees.
Banff National Park and most other Canadian National Parks charges a “user” fee. The user fee helps with the running of the parks. The rate depends on the Park and/or adjoining Parks (i.e. Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Jasper Parks are adjoining. You pay only one fee).
If you drive through a National Park (i.e. Through Banff and Yoho on the way to British Columbia) without stopping, then you are usually not charged the National Park User Fees. The major exception is the drive from Banff to Jasper. You will be charged.
Youths 17 years and under are “‘free”. Children 5 years and under are free. One guide and one driver per bus is complimentary. For Waterton Park a $10.00 van business license will also applies Canadian Goods and Service Tax is included in these fees. A user “day” is until 1600 hrs (4PM) the next or following day.
For full information on National Park “user fees” please click here!
|Sedans and Limousine Service
When arriving in Calgary you are met by a uniform driver at the luggage carousel for your respective domestic airline or in the terminal at the exit from Canada Customs (International Flights), helped with your luggage and taken directly to your vehicle for immediate departure to your destination.
We have Lincoln TownCar’s or Cadillac Sedans. Please advise us of your requirements by email or phone (403) 509-4799.
Smoking is not permitted in any of our vehicles.